On May 7th, 2016, I was honored to have the chance to give a Tedx talk at Tor Vergata in Rome, the University I graduated from with a Master in Business Economics in 2002. TedxTorvergataU 2016 had the theme “New Models of Life. Resist the Usual. Be Unexpected”.
In my talk “Happiness-Driven-Growth: a new model of business which is life-enriching“, I summarized why I believe that:
- Happiness is the next competitive advantage and it should be the goal of Customer Experience (instead of Loyalty),
- “Happiness Driven Growth” is the successor of “Customer-Driven Growth”
- and “Happiness Contribution” the new needed measure to complement of CSAT (Customer Satisfaction score), CES (Customer Effort Score) & NPS (Net Promoter Score).
I spoke about Happiness Driven Growth, a revolutionary business model that companies can and should pursue, and a concept that I have been championing for quite some time now. Today I can happily share with you the video of the talk which has just been published on the Tedx channel.
Revenue & growth are consequences of customer choices, which are driven by their happiness. So why is it that when it comes to business & customers, our goal is to maximize loyalty and profit rather than to maximize overall happiness, of customers and employees?
When companies focus on improving Customer Experience, they achieve higher revenue, loyalty, word of mouth, and even lower costs, ultimately driving profits & business growth. What if these benefits could be boosted thanks to a more meaningful purpose?
Happiness Driven Growth business model is the answer.
Watch the TEDx talk: Happiness-Driven-Growth: a new model of business that is life-enriching
Watch my TEDx talk where I elaborate on why companies should have a growth model driven by happiness, instead of one based on loyalty and profit.
Now looking forward to hearing from you… Does my message resonate with you? Which world would you rather live in?
Let us know in the comments and let’s get a conversation started.
If the message resonates with you and you would like me to bring it directly within your company (i.e. during a Team Summit or other events), get in touch to discuss options.
Resources that supported this talk preparation
These are some of the courses I have done in 2014-2016, that have supported both my personal growth and my business vision:
- Storytelling for change course by Acumen
- Daring Brave Semester by Brené Brown
- Non Violent Communication by Yoram Mosenzon
- Acting Class by Theodora Voutsa
- The Creativity Project Workshops by Eleonora Spagnuolo
These are the amazing coaches that have supported both my personal growth and my preparation for the talk:
- Business and personal coach: Amber Rahim
- Acting and presentation coach: Theodora Voutsa
- Tedx coaches: Tara Phillips of Cause & Affect Speeches and Maria Pastore
These are some of the articles read that supported and inspired my Tedx talk:
- Three Steps to an Amazing TEDx Talk by David Beckett
- 4 TED Talks to Help You Save Time and Get More Done at Work by Kim Lachance Shandrow
- Shawn Achor fantastic Tedx talk “The happy secret to better work“
What can you do next?
** If you would like to know more about how to pursue Happiness Driven Growth in your company or would like us to deliver an engaging talk about it at your event, get in touch.
*** If you would like to know more about Yellow Factor find more info and links to various Amazon/Kindles stores here.